Chris Maille Currie
TECHNICAL PROJECT / PRODUCT MANAGER
Chris has over 14 years' experience in delivering web-based business solutions. With a complimentary mix of technical and project management skills he is a highly motivated, fast learner with strong communication skills and a natural enthusiasm for technology and software. He is conscientious and pro-active with an entrepreneurial, strategic and commercial approach to projects.
Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Telephone number is supplied on request (please send me an email)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified
- Diploma in Management
- Certified Scrum Master and familiar an advocate of agile principles.
Technical / Development
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Web application development C#, .NET 4, MVC3, jQuery, PHP, SQL
- Full application lifecycle familiarity (i.e. R&D, user requirements, prototyping, change control, versioning, release management, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, implementation & support)
- Famliarity with best practice web concepts including accessibility, W3C recommendations
- Experienced in General Web Master activities (hosting technologies and configuration, secure certificates, domain name management etc)
- Comfortable with Microsoft and open technologies.
Enterprise E-Business Project/Product Manager
April 2009 - PRESENT
Surrey Police, Full-time
Responsible for project managing an ambitious portfolio of transactional public and partner-facing web technologies in order to drive efficiencies, achieve cost savings and realise substantial benefits. Ensuring tight partnership within the business and coordination of complementary initiatives including national policing solutions, web applications and social media strategy.
- Identification of requirements, liaison with partners and suppliers, procurement of services and resource
- Liaising with ICT to agree technical infrastructure and supportive platforms for delivery
- Working with Microsoft Consultants (Application Development Manager) to agree suitable skills methods, patterns and training to assist ICT with the creation of an in-house 'Innovative Solutions' capability to deliver products according to agile practices
- Working with Business Analysts to understand and map existing and new processes
- PRINCE2 project management, reporting to the E-Business Board and the Police Authority
- Management of external suppliers in the delivery of multiple parallel projects
- Agile web-based product delivery according to SCRUM.
E-Business Technical Team Manager
April 2007 - April 2009
Surrey Police, Full-time
Technical Team Manager for the E-Business team comprising of 4 developers. Primarily responsible for the Website and the CMS-based Intranet but also the development and management of several key applications (including online crime reporting, online recruitment, Active Citizen relationship management system, health and safety reporting system) that support the operations of the organisation.
- Liaising with key business stakeholders and senior officials to gather requirements, set quality assurance levels, approve project plans, review prototypes, develop, test (UAT), sign-off, deploy and support applications
- Project management of internal and external resource to ensure delivery of solutions on time and to budget
- Full documentation of project timelines, milestones, user specifications, highlight reports, change control, sign-off documentation, user manuals and online e-learning packages
- Hands on development in .NET C#, SQL Server, utilisation of web services, source control and version release
- Collaboration with ICT for implementation of services, risk management, adherence to security policies
- Team management - setting, measuring and reviewing performance to ensure high levels of productivity
- Consultancy advice/presentation to the rest of the 'business' on effective utilisation of new technology
April 2006 - April 2007
Cube Consult Ltd, Full-time
Consultant for the service delivery of CORGIdirect (the e-commerce division of CORGI Gas). Cube developed CORGIdirect's highly successful e-commerce store with full integration with the warehouse fulfilment system. The store took well over one million in revenue in its second year of operation.
- Identification of needs, technical consultancy, proposals for each new phase of development (including costs and timescales for implementation), project management (use of Microsoft Project), application development (utilising international outsourced partners), testing (including UAT), analytics, training, support, management of extranet to ensure availability of supported files (software releases, proposals, training manuals).
July 2004 - April 2006
W3 Digital Ltd, Full-time
A technology partner to a select number of London-based corporate clients including Performance Surveys (LMS Global), Guest Invest, Venturer Electronics Europe Ltd, Optima, M Cashback Ltd, For Goodness Shakes.
- Technical pre sales, technical consultancy services, R&D, pitch preparation and delivery, client management, project management, outsourcing, application development, technical support, training.
August 2002 - July 2004
Vibe New Media, Full-time
Vibe New Media offer web and design services to SMEs. Their solutions adhere to web standards with an emphasis on Usability. Their clients include local businesses, investment banks and academic institutes such as the ICM.
- New business, strategy and implementation, application development, design, hosting, account management.
April 2001 - August 2002
Shrinking Earth.net, Full-time
A typical London style multimedia agency with a lively vibrant team of 15 staff and an impressive client roster including BACS, Filofax, Royal Albert Hall and CORGI die cast models.
- Management of the Production team, R&D, pitches, proposals, solutions, client technical contact point, support to account managers, up-sell, board-meetings, company strategy
May 2000 - April 2001
TAS Software (a division of Sage), Full-time
Responsible for managing the design, build and maintenance of the sales website. Re-enforcement and 'development' of an online 'partner program' to increase the professional user-base of the product – a huge commercial success.
June 1999 - April 2001
Lead Coder for (at that time) the world's largest online toy e-commerce business. Based in USA and UK.
April 1997 - June 1999
Artery Design, Full-time
Multimedia Developer employed to research and learn new technologies for application in client systems.
Studying for internationally recognised Certified ScrumMaster qualification
Diploma in Management
University of Leicester
ITIL Version 3 Foundation Examination
Surrey Police On-site
APM Group PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner
Higher National Diploma in Media Production
Bournemouth & Poole
National Diploma in Media Studies
Guildford College of Higher Education
6 O-Levels & 3 CSEs
Bishop Reindorp School, Guildford
If you go back 10 generations (250 years) the chance of you being born at all is at most 1 divided by 6 x 10100 or
1 in 60000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000.
In gambling, even a chance of 1 to 100 is not worth a gamble. Wow, am I lucky to be alive11!!.
20,000 feet Parachute Jump
Wow! For charity...
Although I can only take half the credit for that...